Home » Posts tagged 'vision statement'
Tag Archives: vision statement
This is my personal mission statement followed by our school mission and vision statements. I’ve revised it several times over the last fifteen years. These words are only meaningful if practiced, so I post them here as part of my personal accountability to my students, teachers, and community.
Professional Mission Statement:
I believe that educators have the power to change the direction of young lives and have a positive effect on the lives of future generations.
Teaching and learning require planning, enthusiasm, desire, time and effort. I have great respect and appreciation for teachers and their work.
Learning is a joyous and never ending process that leads to successful living and has a positive impact on our families and communities. I must set the example as a lifelong learner if I expect students, parents, and teachers to be continuous learners.
As a school principal, I am ultimately responsible for the learning, safety, and emotional growth of our students and teachers. Only by working with every part of the community can I meet this responsibility. Working together we can provide the best possible education for all of our children.
“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet”. – Frederick Buechner
AIS Mission Statement
Our mission is to prepare each child academically, socially, and emotionally, for successful living. We will do this through an engaging and challenging curriculum that equips students to be responsible life-long learners. We accept the responsibility for providing a safe environment in which students are contributing and confident members, able to serve their communities now and in the future.
As students our mission is to learn what we need to know for successful living. We are responsible, life-long learners, using our knowledge and skills to help others right here, right now!
AIS Vision Statement
- Alma Intermediate School will be a place where all students experience success, build self-esteem, develop resilience and make great academic gains by taking ownership and responsibility for learning and building authentic and lasting relationships.
- Students will have a secure, nurturing, positive and proactive team of support that includes staff and meaningful parent involvement. We’ll share a passion for life-long learning and possess an “I can” attitude and commitment to doing whatever it takes to succeed.
- AIS will have strategies and interventions in place to reach all students, regardless of their present level of learning.
- AIS will incorporate team leadership with staff and community collaboration in decision making based on best practices.
- AIS will be a joyful place where students’ individual needs and unique talents are the focus and where their accomplishments are recognized in all academic areas.